Name Change After Adoption in India
We provide Gazette service for a name change, name correction, religion change, adoption, surname change, etc.
1. Making an affidavit: Applicant has to make an affidavit as per the states because each state has a different rule in this respect. Make affidavit in the English language. An affidavit is a must for name change advertisement in state-local Newspapers. The adopted child’s name should be published and announced through Newspaper Ads. The Newspaper Ad with other documents to be submitted for Gazette Notification.
2. Publish in Newspaper: You will have to advertise in one national daily newspaper in English. The original newspaper ad should be attached along with the application. Click to Book Name Change Ad through Newspapers Read More...
3. Gazette Notification: The Gazette document is printed by the Government of India Press. Read More...
The Procedure for Adoption of a Child in India
If you’re looking for the adoption of a child in India. Then you will have to follow an adoption procedure that is done legally. Name Change after the adoption is done after submitting an affidavit and an application to the registrar of Death and Birth. If the authority refuses to do the work on the basis of affidavit and application then a declaration suit will have to be filed in the civil court that will affect that the adoption is legal and the name is now changed in the records.
Documents Required for Adoption of a Child
- 1. Affidavit
- 2. Adoption Deed ( to Change an Adopted Child’s Name )
- 3. You need to approach the Court where you have taken the adoption ( State and Place)
- 4. Pray Court to issue an order to Registrar of Birth and Death to make corrections/changes in the Certificate and issue a fresh/revised one.
Other Documents are:
- Marriage certificate of Parents
- ID Proof of Parents (Voter-Id, Aadhaar Card, PAN Card)
- Address Proof (electricity bill, ration card, Aadhaar Card)
- Old Birth Certificate
- Educational certificate
Name Change Procedure after Adoption
The process of name change after adoption occurs at the very end of the adoption process. It depends on the adopted parents who choose to change the child’s name, this new name will be printed on a new birth certificate and, in the majority of states, the original birth certificate will become part of a sealed court record
Can a birth certificate be changed after adoption in India?
Birth certificates can be changed by the adoptive parent’s but the child’s biological father’s name cannot be replaced with that of the adoptee father’s name. If the adoptee father wants to change name then he has to take an order from the court for name change then you can opt for name change because in adoption court order is necessary for name change in adoptee child’s birth certificate.